vendredi 3 août 2012

8/3 We Are the 99 Percent

     
    We Are the 99 Percent    
   
I got part of a programming degree before the bottom fell out of...
August 2, 2012 at 2:54 PM
 


I got part of a programming degree before the bottom fell out of the tech industry and all of an AS in electrical design that cost me $60k in debt.

I got laid off 4 months ago. Because I refused to work 60+ hour weeks, I can't get my old managers to call me back. As a 5-year industry veteran with no industry references, I can't get hiring managers to call me back.

I've gone bankrupt to escape credit cards, but student loans are for life.

I have an ER bill I can't pay, an untreated skin condition I can't see anyone about, wisdom teeth coming in sideways I can't get corrected, and asthma I treat with coffee to save the inhaler for emergencies.

I live on unemployment in two spare bedrooms in my mother's double-wide.

I'm wiring books in the hopes of one day living on a skill I possess again.

And, if I'm very lucky I'll be able to get a job in the fall working on a janitor crew a friend manages.

I AM THE 99%

http://OccupyWallSt.org

   
     
 
This email was sent to medlaroussy.people@blogger.com.
Delivered by Feed My Inbox
PO Box 682532 Franklin, TN 37068
Create Account
Unsubscribe Here Feed My Inbox
 
     

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire